Below please find any vacancies that may be open at our hotel from time to time:
General Maintenance Person – FULL TIME
The overall responsibility of the Maintenance Handyman is to ensure that all installations, equipment and services in the hotel are functioning well and are maintained in good working order and appearance.
Performs preventive maintenance works including testing of light fittings, electrical socket outlets, kitchen appliances, heating ventilation and air conditioning systems.
Security Officer – PART TIME
A vacancy has arisen for a Day/Night Security Officer on a part-time basis at the Qawra Palace Hotel. Under the general guidance and supervision of the Chief Security and/or Assistant General Manager, and within the limits of the established hotel policies and procedures.
Main Job Tasks and Responsibilities
- To patrol frequently all areas of the hotel.
- To ensure that all outside area doors and windows, including stores are closed and locked.
- To check all office doors and administration areas.
- To keep full control of keys, ensuring they are kept in the key cabinet/boxes provided and given out against a signature in the registry.
- To ensure that the keys that have been returned are signed off by the respective individual.
- To ensure that all members of staff are punching in and out on each occasion.
- To check contents of all bags being taken out of the hotel at the time of exit.
- To ensure that no leftovers of kind are permitted to be taken out from the hotel.
- On hearing the fire bells ringing, to check that the fire exits and doors are open and nothing is obstructing the doors.
- Controls and directs any suppliers or visitors coming in the premises.
- Give First Aid assistance when required.
- To report and investigate anything that seem suspicious
- Monitor the CCTV system.
Education and Experience
- Good standard of education
- Computer literate
- Fluency in English Language
- Be smart in appearance
- Able to work on his/her own initiative
- The post requires for a candidate to be available to work day and night shifts- Monday to Sunday
- Possess a valid Private Guard License issued by the commissioner of Police
Cafeteria Cashier – FULL TIME (Day in Day Out Shifts)
As a cashier in the hotel’s cafeteria, the main duties include:
- Receive payment by cash, cheque and credit cards.
- Issue receipts, refunds, credits or change due to customers.
- Count Money in cash drawer at the beginning of the shifts to ensure that amounts are correct and that there is adequate change.
- Greet customers entering establishment.
- Calculate total payments received during the shift and reconcile this with total sales.
Receptionist – FULL TIME
We are seeking a friendly, organized hotel receptionist to join our growing team. In this position, you will welcome guests to our hotel, making future reservations for them, and generally attending to any needs during their stay. The ideal candidate will be committed to ensuring that guests experience maximum satisfaction, presenting an excellent image of our hotel that leaves a lasting impression.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure an efficient reception experience
- Greet hotel guests, answer any questions or concern
- Provide an outstanding guest experience
- Maintain an orderly front desk
- Operate computer programs and multi-line phone systems
- Maintain guest records and book reservations
- Complete basic cashier and bookkeeping responsibilities
- Contact necessary staff to solve problems when challenges arise, ensuring guest comfort
Hotel Receptionist Requirements and Qualifications:
- Post Secondary diploma or equivalent
- Significant work experience handling guest service responsibilities, preferably in a hotel/ reception sitting
- Strong working knowledge of the Microsoft Office and all other relevant computer programs
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Fluent in English
- Proactive approach to dealing with issues that may arise
- Highly organized, able to multitask and prioritize and work under pressure
Food & Beverage Servers perform a variety of tasks such as taking orders, serving food and beverage and cleaning / setting tables.Greeting our clients with a friendly and polite manner is a must therefore a good knowledge of English language is needed together with a smart appearance.
Food Handling Certificate required.
Chef de Partie – Full Time
A Chef de Partie is responsible for the preparation, cooking and presentation of meals in his/her section by enforcing strict health and hygiene standards in the kitchen. S/he must also be able to give orders within his/her section, as well as carry out orders handed down by the sous chef and head chef.
Preference will be given to candidates with at least 2 years’ experience.
Sous Chef – Full Time
We are looking for a creative and passionate Sous Chef. He/She will work under the general guidance of the Head Chef and within the limits of the established hotel policies and procedures.
Preference will be given to candidates with an Its Diploma or 3 years’ experience in a hotel kitchen.
Commis Chef – Full Time
Food prepartion work and basic cooking under supervison of the sous chef by mantaining high standards of hygiene at all time.
Full Time Room Attendant/Cleaner
The Housekeeping Room Attendant is responsible for cleaning and servicing assigned rooms or areas according to established standards and procedures including: making beds, dusting, vacuuming, cleaning and sanitizing bathrooms, removal of trash etc.
- Work experience as a Room Attendant or Maid.
- Good physical health and stamina.
- Flexibility to work in shifts.
- Ability to work with little or no supervision while meeting high-performance standards.
- Excellent organization skills
If interested in applying for any of the above job vacancies kindly send an up to date CV to email@example.com