Below please find any vacancies that may be open at our hotel from time to time:
Pastry Chef – FULL TIME
As a Pastry Chef, you’re responsible for operating the pastry section of the kitchen while working closely with the Executive Pastry Chef.
Responsible to create high quality pastry dishes with the standard recipes and presentations in order to maintain quality standards and consistency of product. Also assist in production and maintenance of par stocks of pastry and dessert with proper rotation of products and maintain highest cleanliness and hygiene standard in the pastry and bakery section.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manages all day-to-day operations of the pastry and bakery section of the kitchen.
- Prepare a wide variety of goods such as cake, cookies, and pies, bread etc. following traditional and modern recipes.
- Able to develop, designs or creates new ideas and items for Pastry Kitchen.
- Create new and exciting desserts to renew hotels menus and engage the interest of customers.
- Decorate pasties and desserts using different types of icing, toppings, etc. and ensure the food presentation will be beautiful and exciting.
- Assist in determining how food should be presented and creates decorative food displays.
- Must possess a positive attitude and have the ability to work with a variety of people and in cooperation with co-workers efficiently and effectively.
- Maintains cleanliness and organization in all work areas.
- Encourages and builds mutual trust, respect and cooperation among team members.
- Ensure compliance with food hygiene and Health and Safety standards.
- Good knowledge of different types of pastry, dessert, cake decorating.
- Possess professional disposition with good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work day shifts including weekends.
- 2 years of experience in pastry cooking or Pastry Chef Position.
An attractive salary is being offered.
Assistant Food and Beverage Manager – FULL TIME
We have currently an exciting opportunity for an ambitious, operational hands on Assistant Food and Beverage Manager at Qawra Palace Hotel.
As an Assistant Food and Beverage Manager, you are responsible for managing operations of all Food and Beverage departments to ensure delivery of exceptional service and hospitality throughout the business. You will recruit and be required to manage, train and develop team members and work within all budgeted guidelines. Specifically you will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Manage all Food, Beverage Outlet operations
- Set and Maintain exceptional levels of customer service
- Manage guest queries in a timely and efficient manner
- Develop and cost menus with other members of the team
- Ensure communication meetings are conducted
- Assist other departments wherever necessary and maintain good working relationships
- Comply with the Food Safety Act and all health and safety legislation.
What we are looking for?
The successful candidate will have a proven track record operating in 4 or 5 star standards.
This role requires an exceptionally hands on, motivational manager who will work side by side with their team. Ensuring standards and service are delivered consistently.
You will be working on behalf of our guests and working with other Team Members. To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude, behaviour, skills and values that follow:
- Able to meet financial targets
- Ability to comply with all Food, Beverage, Conference and Banqueting service standards
- Ability to work under pressure
- Willingness to develop team members
- Flexibility to respond to a range of different work situations
- Confident pleasant and articulate communicator; able to stay calm under pressure and remain courteous when dealing with difficult situations
- Must be efficient, organised and self-motivated
- Have a good personal standard projecting a professional image at all times
Reporting to the Food and Beverage Manager, you will be able to demonstrate strong leadership and guidance to your Supervisors and operational team members while providing an excellent standard of hospitality to all our guests.
An attractive salary is being offered to the right applicant.
Safety & Security Manager – FULL TIME
The Safety & Security Manager is responsible to protect and safeguard all hotel guests, employees, their belongings and all hotel assets. Also ensuring that all hotel properties are adequately secured at all times.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Supervision of security personnel and giving clear direction on all security related aspects.
- Interview, select, review and train new security officers according to hotels standards.
- Preparing security personnel schedule according to business forecast and payroll budget.
- Conducting investigations and compile reports on a timely manner for any theft, loss, accidents or any aspect that risk the safety of the hotel.
- Ensure that minimum Health & Safety standards as identified by the hotel and regulators are compiled with.
- Implement procedures to cover emergencies such as fires, bomb threats, weather problems and evacuation measures.
- Organise and assist in training personnel in First Aid, Fire-fighting and Health & Safety procedures.
- Monitor and ensure hotel compliance with environmental regulations; devise environmentally sustainable best practices and implement green targets.
- Applicant would be required to take on shifts as a Duty Manager.
Education & Experience
- Sound knowledge of Local H&S Legislations.
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills in both Maltese and English
- Experience in a hotel or a related field will be considered an asset.
- NEBOSH Certificate will be an asset.
- Must be computer literate and proficient in Windows applications.
General Maintenance Person – FULL TIME
The overall responsibility of the Maintenance Handyman is to ensure that all installations, equipment and services in the hotel are functioning well and are maintained in good working order and appearance.
Performs preventive maintenance works including testing of light fittings, electrical socket outlets, kitchen appliances, heating ventilation and air conditioning systems.
Security Officer – PART TIME
A vacancy has arisen for a Day/Night Security Officer on a part-time basis at the Qawra Palace Hotel. Under the general guidance and supervision of the Chief Security and/or Assistant General Manager, and within the limits of the established hotel policies and procedures.
Main Job Tasks and Responsibilities
- To patrol frequently all areas of the hotel.
- To ensure that all outside area doors and windows, including stores are closed and locked.
- To check all office doors and administration areas.
- To keep full control of keys, ensuring they are kept in the key cabinet/boxes provided and given out against a signature in the registry.
- To ensure that the keys that have been returned are signed off by the respective individual.
- To ensure that all members of staff are punching in and out on each occasion.
- To check contents of all bags being taken out of the hotel at the time of exit.
- To ensure that no leftovers of kind are permitted to be taken out from the hotel.
- On hearing the fire bells ringing, to check that the fire exits and doors are open and nothing is obstructing the doors.
- Controls and directs any suppliers or visitors coming in the premises.
- Give First Aid assistance when required.
- To report and investigate anything that seem suspicious
- Monitor the CCTV system.
Education and Experience
- Good standard of education
- Computer literate
- Fluency in English Language
- Be smart in appearance
- Able to work on his/her own initiative
- The post requires for a candidate to be available to work day and night shifts- Monday to Sunday
- Possess a valid Private Guard License issued by the commissioner of Police
Food & Beverage Servers perform a variety of tasks such as taking orders, serving food and beverage and cleaning / setting tables.Greeting our clients with a friendly and polite manner is a must therefore a good knowledge of English language is needed together with a smart appearance.
Food Handling Certificate required.
Chef de Partie – Full Time
A Chef de Partie is responsible for the preparation, cooking and presentation of meals in his/her section by enforcing strict health and hygiene standards in the kitchen. S/he must also be able to give orders within his/her section, as well as carry out orders handed down by the sous chef and head chef.
Preference will be given to candidates with at least 2 years’ experience.
Commis Chef – Full Time
Food prepartion work and basic cooking under supervison of the sous chef by mantaining high standards of hygiene at all time.
Full Time Room Attendant/Cleaner – 12/11/2019
The Housekeeping Room Attendant is responsible for cleaning and servicing assigned rooms or areas according to established standards and procedures including: making beds, dusting, vacuuming, cleaning and sanitizing bathrooms, removal of trash etc.
- Work experience as a Room Attendant or Maid.
- Good physical health and stamina.
- Flexibility to work in shifts.
- Ability to work with little or no supervision while meeting high-performance standards.
- Excellent organization skills
If interested in applying for any of the above job vacancies kindly send an up to date CV to firstname.lastname@example.org