Food and Beverage Manager
We have currently an exciting opportunity for an ambitious, operational hands on Food and Beverage Manager at Qawra Palace Hotel.
As a Food and Beverage Manager, you are responsible for managing operations of all Food and Beverage departments to ensure delivery of exceptional service and hospitality throughout the business. You will recruit and be required to manage, train and develop team members and work within all budgeted guidelines. Specifically you will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Manage all Food, Beverage Outlet operations
- Set and Maintain exceptional levels of customer service
- Manage guest queries in a timely and efficient manner
- Develop and cost menus with other members of the team
- Ensure communication meetings are conducted
- Assist other departments wherever necessary and maintain good working relationships
- Comply with the Food Safety Act and all health and safety legislation.
What we are looking for?
The successful candidate will have a proven track record operating in 4 or 5 star standards.
This role requires an exceptionally hands on, motivational manager who will work side by side with their team. Ensuring standards and service are delivered consistently.
You will be working on behalf of our guests and working with other Team Members. To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude, behaviour, skills and values that follow:
- Able to meet financial targets
- Ability to comply with all Food, Beverage, Conference and Banqueting service standards
- Ability to work under pressure
- Willingness to develop team members
- Flexibility to respond to a range of different work situations
- Confident pleasant and articulate communicator; able to stay calm under pressure and remain courteous when dealing with difficult situations
- Must be efficient, organised and self-motivated
- Have a good personal standard projecting a professional image at all times
Reporting to the General Manager, you will be able to demonstrate strong leadership and guidance to your Supervisors and operational team members while providing an excellent standard of hospitality to all our guests.
An attractive salary is being offered to the right applicant.
Day/ Night Security Officer – FULL TIME
A vacancy has arisen for a Day/Night Security Officer on a full time basis at the Qawra Palace Hotel. Under the general guidance and supervision of the Chief Security and/or General Manager and within the limits of the established hotel policies and procedures.
Main Job Tasks and Responsibilities
· To patrol frequently all areas of the hotel.
· To ensure that all outside area doors and windows, including stores are closed and locked.
· To check all office doors and administration areas.
· To keep full control of keys, ensuring they are kept in the key cabinet/boxes provided and given out against a signature in the registry.
· To ensure that the keys that have been returned are signed off by the respective individual.
· To ensure that all members of staff are punching in and out on each occasion.
· To check contents of all bags being taken out of the hotel at the time of exit.
· To ensure that no leftovers of kind are permitted to be taken out from the hotel.
· On hearing the fire bells ringing, to check that the fire exits and doors are open and nothing is obstructing the doors.
· Controls and directs any suppliers or visitors coming in the premises.
· Give First Aid assistance when required.
· To report and investigate anything that seem suspicious
· Monitor the CCTV system.
Education and Experience
· Good standard of education
· Computer literate
· Fluency in English Language and preferably Maltese Language
· Be smart in appearance
· Able to work on his/her own initiative
· The post requires for a candidate to be available to work day and night shifts- Monday to Sunday
· Possess a valid Private Guard License issued by the commissioner of Police
· Posess a valid working Permit
CARPENTER – FULL TIME
The Carpenter is responsible for constructing, repairing and maintaining wooden structures such as furniture, equipment, partitions and other parts of hotel buildings; using hand and power tools according to instructions.
· Calculates quantity of materials needed, selects stock, tools and supplies for the repair of hotel buildings
· Repairs installation and construction of partition, doors, windows, furniture and building framework consisting of wood using power tools such as a planer, sander, saws and drills or hand tools such as planes, chisels, hammers, rasps, saws and related equipment.
At least three years in comparable work is required.
Interested applicants are to send their CV on email to [email protected] or by post addressed to The Human Resources Manager, Qawra Palace Hotel, Qawra Coast Road, Qawra SPB1900.